In this episode, David Armstrong is joined by Marc Butler, COO and president of Skience, to talk about the directions the firm has taken since he was appointed in August of 2020—in the midst of the pandemic. Skience, a digital-first client onboarding platform, was recognized in the 2021 Wealthmanagement.com Industry Awards in the technology providers category for business support systems – workflow automation.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How COVID has changed the way advisors engage with clients
- How Skience provides a seamless way for advisors to transition firms and onboard clients with a seamless link to the custodians and broker/dealers that support them
- Real world data which shows how the onboarding experience is critical to keeping advisors, and their clients, engaged with the firm
- Why a significant minority of clients don’t follow advisors to a new firm, and how better transition services can reduce that number
- The evolution of Skience from a salesforce overlay towards becoming the data-centric component of an advisor’s workflow
- Why advisors hesitate in the face of digital implementations